Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Last Night in Manhattan

I really do believe that people enter into our lives for a reason. It could be that they're meant to teach us something -- about ourselves, or about life. They may show us new experiences, or open our eyes to a world of new possibilities. Maybe a certain person comes around and unknowingly lifts us up when we're feeling down, or helps us along when we can't find our way. 

I feel all of these things about the crew I got to work with in NYC. Of all the job applications I sent out, and of all the places in the city I could've ended up at, I landed in an office that was full of the most welcoming, friendly, and helpful people, and I feel so fortunate that I had the chance to work with each and every one of them.

I spent too much of this year saying "goodbye" to people... I have GOT to cut that out. The decision to leave New York was even more difficult because I hated the thought of having to say goodbye to this crew. Even in just a short amount of time, they taught me so much; they listened to my struggles about living in the big city and related very closely to what I was going through. They offered advice and understanding, shared their own personal experiences, and supported me when I decided to head back to my hometown.

Thank you guys so much. You made the days at the office so much fun, and made my experience working as a New Yorker one I will always remember fondly. 

Here are some of the faces that I've been missing dearly...

Mike B.





Michael


Alex

Sue

Fred

Brad


Alisa



I can't wait to come back and visit so I can see you all again someday. 

xoxo
JMP




No comments:

Post a Comment