Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Chasing Pavements... and Sunsets

I was thinking the other day, as I was sitting along the East River in Brooklyn Bridge Park watching the sun sink beneath the Manhattan skyline, that I've seen some pretty spectacular sunsets while either visiting or living in New York. I feel like sunsets have to be one of the few things people can agree on: there's something just magical about the way the daylight sky can turn into the most brilliant colors before it says farewell and fades into the dark of night. 

There's certainly no shortage of beautiful scenery in NYC, but add a sunset to the mix and you've got all the ingredients you need to make up a real pretty picture. There were a few occasions where I'd been on a mission to find a good "sunset spot," while other times I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I'll always love photographing (and chasing!) sunsets, as I'm sure most photographers do, even if it's just snapping a quick picture on my iPhone... so here's a little collection of what I've captured during my time in the city.




















2 comments: